Tarikh : 21 Feb 2019
Tempat : Bilik Seminar, PPD Langkawi
Masa : 10.00 pagi - 01.00 petang
Objektif : Untuk menyokong barisan kepimpinan sekolah dalam pembangunan mereka sebagai pemimpin instruksional
21 Feb 2019
SK Bayas : LW Fizikal Persekitaran Positif
SMK Tunku Putra : LW Teknik Penyoalan Oleh Guru
|MINGGU 1 (10 – 14 FEB 19)|
Perbincangan penetapan CPD (pengagihan tugas) – bengkel pembugaran
|MINGGU 2 (17 – 21 FEB 19)|
|MINGGU 3 (24 – 28 FEB 19)|
SIO ke sekolah
PLC – LW (Persekitaran Fizikal)
|MINGGU 4 (03 – 07 MAC 19)|
Pelaksanaan LW di sekolah
* Fokus – Persekitaran Fizikal
* Maklum balas
|MINGGU 5 (10 – 14 MAC 19)|
Pelaksanaan L.O / C.O di sekolah
* Ujian 1 2019
|MINGGU 6 (17 – 21 MAC 19)|
|MINGGU 7 (24 – 28 MAC 19)|
Pelaksanan LW di sekolah
– PLC LS
– PLC Coaching
|MINGGU 8 (31 MAC – 04 APR 19)|
Pelaksanaan L.O / C.O di sekolah
PPD Langkawi PLT have visited all DTP-AMAN schools since C3 CPD in January 2019 to follow up with schools.
SLT are being supported by PLT PPD officers while SISC+ are supporting ML. This part of the action plan or PILL.S developed between the school and the PPD officers.
All 28 schools under PPD Langkawi have been assigned a School Improvement Officer (SIO) as part of the 2019 MoE focus on supporting schools through bottom up transformation. Over the next 7 weeks, schools will be supported to establish effective systems, processes and tools for regular, focussed Learning Walks and PLCs.
SLT conduct LW at SK Kilim then sit to discuss findings
ML at SMK Langkawi conducting a Learning Walk following support from their SISC+
SLT and ML at SK Pulau Tuba record their Learning Walk observations before moving to the next class
An example of one school’s Learning Walk recording…SK Bayas
Where: SMK Tungku Ismail, SP
Who: PLT- Mirinda, Zainab, Ismail
– PPD vision for school as a learning organisation
– what is instructional leadership?
– instructional leadership key practices
– learning more about pedagogy & leadership
– from new learning to taking action
– reflecting on personal competency
PPD Langkawi’s vision for supporting schools as learning organisations
Exploring instructional leadership key practice – leading a learning community
An example of how to use The Bridge tool to apply new learning to taking action
– what makes a positive learning environment
– Learning Walks – systems & processes
– Classroom observations – expectations
– Growing our teachers through ongoing professional development
– Protecting Instructional time
PPD Langkawi draft Learning Walk guidelines : pre – while – post
Unpacking the 3 aspects of a positive learning environment
Sharing ideas about how Learning Walks can support PILL.S achievement
Explaining some of the challenges PLT face in trying to preserve intructional time – what JPN/ PPD support do schools need to put student learning as their first priority?
Role playing PGB giving feedback to a teacher after a classroom observation
Day 3: PLC
– planning for C3 focus and activities back in PPD with schools as part of PILL.S
PPD Langkawi PLT C3 action plan Feb- April 2019
Explaining action plan to LE coaches
After attending C3 PLT CPD about Instructional Leadership, attendees Mirinda, Zainab and Ismail shared the key 2messages with other PLT team members. The focus areas share were:
1. What is instructional leadership?
2. How does PPD Langkawi’s vision link to instructional leadership?
3. Learning Walk systems and Processes
4. PLC systems and processes
5. The Bridge as a tool similar to the Y-chart
NEXT STEPS: Key messages will be shared with SIO on 21.02.19 to enable them to support SLT and ML in their designated schools over the next 7 weeks.